4000 years ago in the Cradle of Civilization, mighty Empires fought for water, resources and the arable land in the Fertile Crescent. Play as the Egyptians, the Babylonians, screaming Nubian warriors, or the Assyrians. Develop your country by producing commodities and selling them to your neighbors. Raise glorious armies and wage wars of conquest. Roll over the plains and seek victory in Chariots of War!
- Play one of 58 different nations on a huge beautiful map covering the entire Middle East including 164 cities and 80 minor settlements.
- Build hundreds of buildings and city improvements, and refine 9 different resources such as Myrrh, Gems and Horses.
- Assign Generals to command your army, in real-time battles.
- A Random Event System depicts the era in colorful detail, recreating historical phenomena such as earthquakes, floods and locusts storms.
- The happiness and welfare of your citiesâ€™ inhabitants will depend on overpopulation, recruitment levels, garrisons and food. Keep revolters at bay by developing temples, entertainment and other buildings.
- Advances will increase the development of your tribe.
- Recruit units from nearly 30 different troop types for your invincible armies.
- Barbarian tribes will roam the land, attacking anything they meet.
- Trade allows you to buy and sell the 9 resources. Different areas of the map have access to different resources so trade is key.
- Diplomats can be sent out to gather information. You can eject enemy diplomats and behead them.
"Chariots of War is highly playable and enjoyable."
- The Wargamer
"I was quickly addicted to it, and played it A LOT..."
"Chariots of War is an immensely deep game and is extremely playable and addictive.... 7 out of 10."
"Chariots of War is a low budget 'retro-esque' affair but it gets more right than a lot of high budget blockbusters I have seen as of late."
- Strategy Informer